Online, comprehensive resource for patients and caregivers to support tube feeding at home
Florham Park, N.J., March 2, 2016 ― Nestlé Health Science today announced the launch of MyTubeFeeding.com, a comprehensive online resource focusing on education and support for people who receive or help manage a loved one’s tube feeding at home. MyTubeFeeding.com offers information, tips and guidance to help make tube feeding at home simpler and more comfortable, with the goal of providing support to enhance patient outcomes and quality of life.
“Clinical evidence has demonstrated the critical role nutrition plays in patient health and outcomes; for some, that includes tube feeding at home,” said Dr. Juan B. Ochoa, Chief Medical Officer for Nestlé Health Science in North America. “Patient health is at the heart of all we do – so we developed MyTubeFeeding.com to provide a trusted, convenient educational resource designed to help improve patients’ home enteral nutrition experience.”
Developed based on Nestlé Health Science’s expertise and long-standing legacy in nutritional therapy, the comprehensive information featured on MyTubeFeeding.com includes:
• A “quick-start guide” to the first day at home with a feeding tube;
• How-to’s and educational resources, including videos;
• Information on pumps, tubing and formulas;
• Support for caregivers; and
• Answers to commonly asked questions.
Users can also find descriptions of common complications as result of a feeding tube, along with possible causes and suggested steps to troubleshoot problems. Patients and caregivers should speak with a healthcare professional about any tube feeding questions or concerns.
Enteral nutrition therapy may be prescribed for many reasons and for people of any age.1 More than 30,700 people living in the U.S. are estimated to use feeding tubes in their homes.2
“Tube feeding is a daily reality for many people, and resources like MyTubeFeeding.com can be a powerful tool for helping patients like me and caregivers continue fully living our day-to-day lives,” explained Gunnar Esiason, a home tube feeding patient and cystic fibrosis advocate who regularly blogs about his experience on GunnarEsiason.com.
“MyTubeFeeding.com embodies Nestlé Health Science’s ongoing commitment to advancing nutritional therapy as integral to healthcare, in part by providing support directly to patients,” explained Dr. Ochoa. “Nestlé Health Science has developed breakthrough nutritional solutions that are implemented in hospitals, clinics and homes around the world. We remain committed to the development of resources to improve the quality and effectiveness of in-patient, out-patient and at-home healthcare.”
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. (2012). Enteral nutrition – an overview. Retrieved from https://www.nutritioncare.org/About_Clinical_Nutrition/EN_Fact_Sheet_April_2012/.
- U.S. Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2004). Current home health care patients. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhhcsd/curhomecare00.pdf.