- Bring the milk and water to a boil;
- Add the vanilla beans and rice.
- Simmer till the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked (approximately 25 minutes).
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Whisk the sugar and egg yolk together; add to the rice.
- Fold in the new MERITENE Mobilis Vanilla, ensuring that it is well mixed with the rice.
- Add shaved almonds before serving.
- To prepare the cherry compote, remove the cherries from the liquid.
- Heat the liquid with the vanilla bean and sugar; thicken with the starch.
Remove the vanilla bean and add the cherries to the sauce; let cool.