Advancing The management of cow's milk protein allergy
- Hypoallergenic, extensively hydrolysed formula, for relief from the symptoms of cow’s milk protein allergy (CMPA) and/or severe gastrointestinal impairment
- Extensively hydrolysed, lactose-free, hypoallergenic, whey-based formula for effective first-line relief from symptoms of cow’s milk protein allergy (CMPA) and/or severe gastrointestinal (GI) impairment
- Contains 2’FL and LNnT† to nurture infants’ developing immune systems
- Specifically designed to facilitate absorption and support gut recovery
- Nutritionally complete. Suitable as a sole source of nutrition from birth or supplementary feeding from 6 months and up to 3 years of age to support healthy growth and development
- Halal certified
Download our handy guide to CMPA with Alfaré HMO
Download it here
WHAT IS COW’S MILK PROTEIN ALLERGY?
CMPA is the most common food allergy in infancy, affecting up to 3% of babies in the first year of life. Food allergies such as CMPA can affect anyone, however infants with a family history of allergy are at higher risk. Nearly half of the children affected by CMPA grow out of it by 1 year of age, and two-thirds by 2 years of age. While the initial stages can be a very challenging time for you as a parent, it can be effectively managed with the support from your healthcare professional.
CMPA occurs when a baby’s immune system reacts negatively to the proteins in cow’s milk. They may experience Skin, respiratory and/or gastrointestinal symptoms as a result. These gastrointestinal symptoms can sometimes be severe. Alfaré® HMO effectively relieves infants from the symptoms of CMPA, including gastrointestinal symptoms, whilst supporting healthy growth and development.
(e.g. eczema, urticaria…)
(e.g. vomiting, colic, diarrhoea…)
(e.g. inconsolable crying, failure to thrive…)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our range of immune-nurturing formulas for cow’s milk protein allergy
Our range of nutritional solutions are tailor-made for infants and young children with cow’s milk protein allergy and other food allergies/intolerances. The complete range has been designed to help manage cow’s milk protein allergy earlier, with the right product from the beginning.
†Structurally identical Human Milk Oligosaccharides are not sourced from human milk.
: Mothers should be encouraged to continue breastfeeding even when their babies have cow’s milk protein allergy. This usually requires qualified dietary counselling to completely exclude all sources of cow’s milk protein from the mother’s diet. If a decision to use a special formula intended for infants is taken, it is important to follow the instructions on the label. Unboiled water, unboiled bottles or incorrect dilution can make babies ill. Incorrect storage, handling, preparation and feeding can eventually lead to adverse effects on the health of babies. Formula for special medical purposes intended for infants must be used under medical supervision.
You will be redirected.
You will be redirected.