The benefits of 100% hydrolysed whey protein
A high-quality protein with a protein digestibility corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS) of 1 and which contains approximately 50% essential amino acids (IAA)
- Whey protein contains high levels of branch chain amino acids to help supports muscle anabolism1
- Whey protein is a rapidly digested protein, which may lead to improved tube feeding tolerance2,3
- Whey protein can help increase serum glutathione concentration, enhancing antioxidant status, more than other protein sources4
- Hydrolysation leads to improved glycaemic response and insulin secretion5
1. Fried MD, et al. Decrease in gastric emptying time and episodes of regurgitation in children with spastic quadriplegia fed a whey-based formula. J Pediatr 1992;120:569-572. 2. Shea JC, et al. An enteral therapy containing medium-chain triglycerides and hydrolyzed peptides reduces postprandial pain associated with chronic pancreatitis. Pancreatology 2003;3:36-40. 3. Borlase BC et al. Tolerance to enteral tube feeding diets in hypoalbuminemic critically ill, geriatric patients. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1992;174:181-188. 4. Dylewski ML, et al. Whey-based formulas improve tube feeding tolerance in paediatric burn patients [abstract]. Nutrition Poster 72; A.S.P.E.N. Clinical Nutrition Week 2006. 5. Hussey TA et al. Nutrition therapy in paediatric Crohn’s disease patients improves nutritional status and decreases inflammation. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2003;37:341. 6. Donald P, et al. Repletion of nutritional parameters in surgical patients receiving peptide versus amino acid elemental feedings. Nutr Res 1994;14:3-13. 7. Polk DB, et al. Improved growth and disease activity after intermittent administration of a defined formula diet in children with Crohn’s disease. JPEN 1992;16:499–504.