Nestlé Health Science aims to pioneer a new industry between the traditional nutrition and pharmaceutical industries through the development of science-based personalised nutritional solutions and shaping a new approach to disease prevention and management.
Building on its founding core HealthCare Nutrition business, a leading player in the medical nutrition industry, the Nestlé Health Science has ambitions to address chronic conditions in the area of Gastrointestinal Health, Metabolic Health and Brain Health.
In this context, Nestlé Health Science made several acquisitions, investments and partnerships:
- Vitaflo, acquired in 2010, develops and markets clinical nutritional solutions for infants, children and adults with genetic disorders that affect how food is processed by the body.
- CM&D Pharma, acquired in 2011, specialises in the development of products for patients with chronic conditions like chronic kidney disease and gastrointestinal.
- Prometheus Laboratories, acquired in 2011, specialises in diagnostics and licensed speciality pharmaceuticals in gastroenterology (GI) and oncology.
- Pamlab, acquired in 2013, has an innovative portfolio of medical food products for use under medical supervision in the nutritional management of patients with mild cognitive impairment, depression and diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
- Vital Foods, in which Nestlé Health Science acquired a minority stake in 2011, is active in the development of kiwifruit-based solutions for gastrointestinal conditions.
- Accera, in which Nestlé Health Science acquired a minority stake in 2012, specialises in neurodegenerative disorders, like Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Nutrition Science Partners, creation of 50/50 joint venture of Nestlé Health Science and Chi-Med, a pharmaceutical and healthcare group (2013).